Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Bunch of random stuff

I'm doing my clinicals at Provena-Covenant hospital now and I'm completely blown away by how much better the atmosphere there is compared to Carle. All last semester was an incredible stress-fest, and while most of the people there were very knowledgeable and professional, they didn't seem as friendly or as eager to help. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad people, but I'm definitely clicking a lot better at Covenant and (this is the sweet part), they're looking for an Ortho tech, desperately in fact!

Tae Kwon Do is awesome, but it's kicking my butt right now. Spinning kicks are much harder than they look in the movies. They make you dizzy, and they require a LOT of practice to get the form right. I fall too stinking much doing those! Even Master Hyong laughed at me one day when I fell flat on me arse trying to do a spinning straight leg kick, overrotated, lost my balance and almost did a backflip. On the other hand, they've been getting better, just in time for my knees to start being annoying again.

I've also talked to 3 of my friends who I haven't spoken with in forever this week and it has been great! Megan, you're awesome, and I'm really impressed that you're doing so well with your running. You'll do fine on the MCAT, so don't stress about it. If you've been testing at 30 with Kaplan, you'll probably have no problem getting that 33+ you were after. Tammie, long time, no see. I gotta talk you into meeting us for Bix. Brad, sorry to cut you off on the phone the last time we talked. You've always got some crazy drama going on... you gotta stop attracting deranged women!

Alright, enough randomness for one day. See y'all later and happy blogging!

P.S. Leave comments =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home