Been a REALLY long time
As the title suggests, it's been a long time since I blogged. In fact, I'd even forgotten that I had one. So, I was bored this Saturday and was just randomly surfing the internet and lo and behold I ran across my own blog in a search engine. Funny stuff!
So anyway, the quick update is that I have now moved to a new apartment in Urbana. It's offcampus and I live alone. I like the privacy. I hate being alone. Cake, eating it too, yeah, I know. I still work at Provena until I can find a good excuse to get out of there and move on with my life. They've been treating me like an Ortho tech again, so I can't complain too much about it for the time being, except that the downside of being an Ortho tech is that they expect you to take call about 10 days a month, and that kinda wears on a human being after a while. That's why I have TKD =) I'm a red belt now, having successful (and painfully) passed the test to move up. Red belt's a cinch compared to brown. You wouldn't believe how much easier! Well, maybe you would. Anyway, I'm only a belt, two stripes, and a really long test away from Black Belt now. I can taste it!
Now, I have to change the pace here because my blog wouldn't be complete without me finding something political to rant about. Tee hee! Yeah, y'all think I'm a dork - and I am - but if you know me, you know I can't blog without it! Now, I could tackle the drug legalization argument, but Foamy does a pretty nice job of expressing my opinions, so I thought I'd leave it alone for now. That said, I'm honestly not very passionate about anything political right now, so I'll spare you all the torture of reading my right wing propaganda.
Anyway, my shrimp & rice is calling (read: burning) so I gotta go!
Take care of yourselves,
Jon
So anyway, the quick update is that I have now moved to a new apartment in Urbana. It's offcampus and I live alone. I like the privacy. I hate being alone. Cake, eating it too, yeah, I know. I still work at Provena until I can find a good excuse to get out of there and move on with my life. They've been treating me like an Ortho tech again, so I can't complain too much about it for the time being, except that the downside of being an Ortho tech is that they expect you to take call about 10 days a month, and that kinda wears on a human being after a while. That's why I have TKD =) I'm a red belt now, having successful (and painfully) passed the test to move up. Red belt's a cinch compared to brown. You wouldn't believe how much easier! Well, maybe you would. Anyway, I'm only a belt, two stripes, and a really long test away from Black Belt now. I can taste it!
Now, I have to change the pace here because my blog wouldn't be complete without me finding something political to rant about. Tee hee! Yeah, y'all think I'm a dork - and I am - but if you know me, you know I can't blog without it! Now, I could tackle the drug legalization argument, but Foamy does a pretty nice job of expressing my opinions, so I thought I'd leave it alone for now. That said, I'm honestly not very passionate about anything political right now, so I'll spare you all the torture of reading my right wing propaganda.
Anyway, my shrimp & rice is calling (read: burning) so I gotta go!
Take care of yourselves,
Jon

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home